Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Swoon" + Moda's Daydream = Dwoon!

What comes first when you start a new project: the pattern or the fabric?

I've fallen deeply and hopelessly in love with Swoon by Thimble Blossoms, a quilt with a modern take on the classic Carpenter's Star/Dutch Rose quilt block. (UPDATE: It's now available here!) Though I often fall in love with quilts that are a little above my skill level, Swoon is deceptively easy—the hardest parts are half-square triangles and flying geese which I'll be making with Creative Grid's two-in-one half-square/quarter-square triangle ruler to save fabric and take away any sewing "guesswork". (Learn how to make more accurate HSTs and QSTs here!)
"Swoon" by Thimble Blossoms -  The Quilt Patch
Coincidentally, around the same time I started following the Swoon-along's hashtag on Instagram, #swoonalong, one of our new arrivals at The Quilt PatchModa's fantastical Daydream by Kate Spain—caught my eye.
Daydream by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics - The Quilt Patch
Spain's trademark palette of rich and vibrant colors brings her fantasy-filled doodles and drawings to life on fabric; playing perfectly with one another in any combination.

So, in a moment of temporary insanity, I offered to make my first-ever shop sample! (You can follow my progress on Instagram.) Since Swoon is fat-quarter friendly, 18-piece FQ bundles of Daydream are available in-shop and will be online soon. As for the pattern, it's on backorder, but will be available by next week.

Now, I'm going to be better at posting more frequently, but blogging seems to be the thing on my ever-growing to-do list that's always pushed back. (._.) However, in between blog posts, you'll find me on Instagram, posting in-progress shots of my projects, photos of new fabric arrivals, and pictures of E. Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me at instagram.com/seeterisew!
After I finish my Daydream-filled Swoon (nicknamed Dwoon since I can't say it aloud without giggling), I'll be starting something called the The Sibling Project. What's that, you ask? For the time being, I'm gonna be mysterious and fill you in on that a little bit later. ;)


-Teri



No comments:

Post a Comment